Just as you have rights as a patient, it is also important to note that you have responsibilities. These range from those that revolve around fellow patients, to those that involve your healthcare provider.
Every patient or client has the following responsibilities:
- To take care of his or her health.
- To care for and protect the environment.
- To respect the rights of other patients and health providers.
- To utilise the health care system properly and not abuse it.
- To know his or her local health service and what they offer.
- To provide health care providers with the relevant and accurate information for diagnostic, treatment, rehabilitation or counselling purposes.
- To advise the health care providers on his or her wishes with regard to his or her death.
- To comply with the prescribed treatment or rehabilitation procedures.
- To enquire about the related costs of the treatment and / or rehabilitation and arrange for payment.
- To take care of health records in his or her possession.
Better Health Care is Our Mission
24/7 service. Same Day Appointments are Available.