Your rights is a list of guarantees for when receiving medical care. Typically your bill of rights guarantees accurate, and timely medical information, fair treatment, and autonomy over medical decisions because YOUR LIFE MATTERS!
- Access – everyone has the right to access healthcare.
- Safety – it is your right to get high-quality healthcare in a safe environment.
- Respect – you should be treated with respect and dignity, and your medical wishes should be considered.
- Communication – your medical team must inform you about your treatment options, services and costs in a way that you can understand.
- Participation – it is your right to be involved in decisions and choices about your health.
- Privacy – your healthcare team must keep your personal information private and confidential.
- Comment – you have the right to comment on any issues you feel you have with your healthcare, and your healthcare team must address those concerns.